Queen City Fintech is a 12-week accelerator program designed to mature financial technology startups through intense mentorship from leading banking executives, business development professionals, and venture capitalists and attorneys, among others in Charlotte's robust business community. Accepted companies also receive an upfront capital infusion of at least $40,000 per company with the potential for follow on funding for the top performers in the program.

 

Charlotte, NC is the second largest financial center in the US. Led by former Bank of America executive and serial entrepreneur Dan Roselli, Queen City Fintech offers access to executive level members of each of Charlotte's Fortune 500 financial services institutions. With low cost of living and some of the best quality of life in the US, there is no better city in the US to grow a fintech startup than The Queen City.

What does fintech mean to us?

Queen City Fintech selects fintech companies with technology or customer acquisition models strategically aligned with our banking partners. As such we maintain a 'wide tent' definition of fintech. Here are some segments of the broader fintech sector we find particularly interesting:

 

Cybersecurity・Regulation and Compliance Tech・Payments Tech・Specialty Lending・Capital Markets Tech・Blockchain Applications to Banking Processes・Cryptocurrency・Banking SaaS/PaaS Solutions・Digital Identity・B2B2C Financial Tools・Insurtech・Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and AI

Our Approach

 

The sales cycle for B2B fintech products averages anywhere from six to twelve months. Gaining traction with a B2C fintech product can be even tougher as the space becomes increasingly crowded. Queen City Fintech partners with some of the largest financial institutions and tech and service providers in the world, providing access to executive level members of said institutions. Facilitating relationships between fintech startups and our banking partners creates value for all parties. Building relationships is the primary objective of the Queen City Fintech accelerator program.

Our Program

Advisory Boards

During the course of the program, Queen City Fintech organizes advisory boards for each participating company.

 

These boards are comprised of 5-10 domain experts from our network that have raised their hand to work more closely with the founders through bi-weekly meetings. In these meetings, the teams set goals for the programs and work closely to accomplish these goals during the 12-week course. Very often, these relationships carry forward post-program.

Curriculum

During your time in the accelerator your time will be split between continuing to grow your business and engaging in Queen City Fintech programming.

 

About 80% of your time will be devoted to running your company as usual and we are excited to have you work in our coworking space at Packard Place. The other 20% of your time will be attending Founder’s lunches, sessions with subject matter experts, and attending conferences.

Road Shows & Conferences

Not only do we elevate your company in the Charlotte market but the greater Southeast region as well. 

During the cohort you can expect to visit the Raleigh-Durham area, Atlanta and Charleston. 

Our conference partners include: 

- DIG SOUTH (Charleston, SC)​

- Fintech South (Atlanta, GA) 

- Venture Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) 

Demo Day

Demo day is the culmination of the Queen City Fintech program where each company pitches to the greater fintech community.

 

In the fall the QCF Demo Day is the capstone event of the Southeast Fintech Venture Conference and Fintech Generations in the spring.

Conference Logo Small.png
Fintech Generations Green Black Logo.png

Powered by the Carolina Fintech Hub

  • Twitter Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon